2 MIN READ
THE Zimbabwe Electoral Commission (ZEC) is an independent electoral management body established in terms of Section 238 of the Constitution of Zimbabwe.
Its major functions are to manage and conduct elections to the offices of the President, Parliament and local authorities, and referendums, and all related electoral processes in accordance with the laws of Zimbabwe and also following international best practice.
The Commission wishes to recruit a professional of high integrity with good communication and decision making skills, and sound knowledge of electoral democracy to a vacancy that has arisen in the institution.
JOB TITLE OF VACANCY : CHIEF ELECTIONS OFFICER (CEO)
REPORTING TO : THE CHAIRPERSON OF THE COMMISSION AND THE COMMISSION JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Guided by the law and the policy direction of the Commission, the CEO is the accounting officer of the Commission, responsible for:-
- Strategizing, formulating and coordinating the activities of the Commission in the conduct of all referendums and elections to the offices stipulated in the law;
- Managing all the assets and funds of the Commission to ensure effective and efficient utilization for the attainment of the Commission vision and mission;
- Guiding the Commission on policy and electoral law reviews
- Implementing decisions of the Commission in its discharge of its constitutional mandate;
- Conducting Delimitation, Voter Registration and Elections effectively and efficiently;
- Human resourcing and development of the Commission staff;
- Providing strategic leadership to all Commission staff as the Head of the Secretariat;
- Enabling the Commission to discharge its Constitutional mandate professionally and transparently whilst maintaining the Commission’s accountability for the conduct of referendums and elections to public office;
- Engaging all stakeholders of the Commission in a manner that promotes professionalism and integrity of the Commission; and
- Representing the Commission at national and international forums.
- An administrator par excellence;
- A strategic thinker and decision maker;
- An effective communicator both orally and in written form;
- A visionary leader and
- A person of impeccable integrity.
- A good first degree in Administration, Social Sciences, Law, Information Technology, Business Administration, Education or any other relevant qualification.
- A relevant Master’s Degree or any other post graduate qualification;
- Proven track record of performance, delivery and good governance,
- Knowledge of elections is an added advantage
Interested and qualified persons must apply in writing, attaching their detailed and updated Curriculum vitae and certified copies of their qualifications. Send applications to:
Zimbabwe Electoral Commission
Mahachi Quantum Building
1 Nelson Mandela [Corner Kaguvi Street/Jason Moyo Avenue] P.Bag. 7782 Causeway
The above post is at Head Office in Harare. Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for interviews. The remuneration packages will be revealed during the interviews.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 28 December 2018.